Child Welfare Law

One of the major concerns in a relationship break down is the welfare of your children and that they continue to have the best possible upbringing.

Not only do you have to decide where your children will live, you and your ex may also need to try to agree on issues such as name change, education, religious upbringing and medical treatment.

If negotiated resolutions cannot be achieved you can apply to the Courts for a Specific Issue Order in respect of matters such as education and medical treatment or a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent your ex from taking your child abroad or changing their surname.

Our Solicitors for children can help

We can give you initial free advice, making sure you know your rights, let you know whether you will qualify for legal aid and if not what the cost implications are for you. We can work to help you reach negotiated arrangements or make whatever Court applications are necessary.


Take the next step and call us on freephone number 0800 840 9292 or send us your details.

Here to help

Ciara Barlow Profile picture Ciara Barlow

Senior Associate

Jayne Boyd Profile picture Jayne Boyd


Joanne Keenan Profile picture Joanne Keenan

Matrimonial Team Specialist

Aoife McCann Profile picture Aoife McCann

Family Law Team Specialist

Shannon McLorie Profile picture Shannon McLorie

Family Law Team Specialist

Lenore Rice Profile picture Lenore Rice


Megan Weimann Profile picture Megan Weimann

Matrimonial Team Specialist